Any advice on options to apply for further debugging on this issue?
I have a problem with JRockit freezing/hanging when under heavy load. It does not crash, but it looks like it is spinning on the CPU. The CPU is a XEON with hyper threading, so it is viewed as two CPUs on our linux host.
Here is the scenario:
- Suddenly, CPU goes up to 50% and stays there (looks like JRockit is spinning/busy looping on the one "cpu")
- While spinning at 50% CPU, the heap keeps growing until it hits max
- The application and JRockit stops responding (but it does not crash)
- There is no information on stdout or stderr. Also no information in weblogic.log
- BEA WebLogic 5.1
- SuSE Linux 9.0 (*not* enterprise linux)
- Kernel: 2.4.21_166, SMP 4G
- JRockit v22.214.171.124 (JDK 1.4.2_11)
- XEON 3GHz with HT
- JAVA_OPTIONS="-jrockit -Xms512m -Xmx512m -Djrockit.ctrlbreak.enableforce_crash=true"