Wednesday, September 05, 2007

MediaWiki said: Table "wiki_objectcache" is marked as crashed and should be repaired

My MediaWiki installation suddenly refused to save changes to pages. It just told me something in the lines of:

MediaWikiBagOStuff:_doquery Table 'wiki_objectcache' is marked as crashed and should be repaired

Dammit! A little browsing around hit a german page with the same problem. I am not good at the german language, but I could understand the proposed solution:

truncate table wiki_objectcache

And all worked again.

Sometimes, MySQL just seems so much like a toy-database to me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, that really saved my day - my MediaWiki had crashed for some unknown reason - and the documented MySQL repair procedure did not work. It does indeed feel like a toy system.

Egil Kvaleberg